End of the Year News

It is hard to believe that the end of the year is almost upon us!  Thank you for sharing your children with me.  I have relished learning with them and watching them grow.  I am proud of the progress they have made throughout this year and am confident they will be successful in fourth grade.  The end of the year has been a whirlwind of exciting activities.  I hope your child has shared his/her excitement and some stories with you.  
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Kendall King for all of her help throughout the year as our Room Representative.  Her assistance in organizing parents was invaluable!  Thank you! 

It was great to see so many of you in the Bovey for our sharing program.  I hope you appreciated learning about the cities from their creators. I loved seeing the variety of cities and all the hard work that went into planning and creating them. It was also a treat to hear the third graders sing.  What they do in music is truly incredible.

Calling all classroom library books!  Please help your child look for any books that belong in our classroom library.  There are quite a few that are missing.

The third grade has been busy reading and writing poetry. We started by revising some of our favorite poems.  As we revised our poetry we thought about white space, line breaks, repetition and expressive language.  Third graders were amazed to discover that by changing one word in their poem they could drastically improve their writing.  One student said that he was going to have a hard time choosing his favorite poems to publish since he wrote so many good ones!  Mary Guider and Karen Wyatt came into our classroom to help students make a book in which to publish their poetry.  Third graders are excited to put illustrations and poems into their books next week. 

I want to let you know that I will be away from school at the beginning of next week. My husband is having surgery at the Mayo Clinic. I hope to be back at school on Thursday. I am sorry to miss these last few precious days with your children but I am confident they will be in good hands with David Sachs.

I look forward to connecting with you before the end of school and celebrating a wonderful year.